IS THERE ANYTHING MORE DELIGHTFUL THAN A CONNECTICUT FALL?
The leaves are still quite green, but we are ready for more autumnal hues.
“PUMPKIN SPICE” HAS NOTHING ON CITRINE AND GOLDENROD THIS SEASON.
TAKE A LOOK AT SOME OF OUR FAVORITE “HARVEST-TIME” PICKS!
1. A chinoiserie secretary is the perfect marriage of function and style.
2. Quentin Tarantino’s Kill Bill series may have had us hiding behind our hands in theaters, but Uma Thurman’s sleek yellow jumpsuit became the Halloween costume du jour of 2003.
3. One of our favorite pieces at The Antique And Artisan Gallery- zebra wood Art Deco barrel chairs.
4. A pale yellow ceramic puff adds whimsy to any space.
5. “Put on your
red shoes YELLOW shoes and dance the blues” with these 18th century silk beauties housed at LACMA.
6. A brilliant Bernard Cathelin lithograph is sure to liven up a room.
7. Lupita Nyong’o pairs a lemon yellow dress with complimentary blue-violet accessories at the TIFF premiere of Queen of Katwe…Someone was definitely paying attention in ART101.
8. Thomas Jefferson’s Palladian-style home, Monticello, employs a striking chrome yellow to cover the walls of its dining room.
9. During the spring festival of Holi, Indian revelers throw colorful powder on their friends and neighbors.
10. The color yellow held special significance in Imperial China. This stunning example ofQing Dynasty craftsmanship was auctioned by Sotheby’s in 2014.
SO WHETHER YOU PREFER YOUR AUTUMN LEAVES:
RED, YELLOW, ORANGE, BROWN,
OR LIKE MY FATHER- RAKED AND BAGGED AT THE END OF THE DRIVEWAY, TRY AND ADD A LITTLE CONNECTICUT FALL-TIME TO YOUR ROUTINE!
Written by Mallory O’Donoghue
Graphics by Patricia Lesyk